I’m back, with knowledge. And I’ll be sharing some of it with you!
A couple of days ago, I read 1000 facts about everything. It was time consuming, but I did it! I’ll be sharing 50 of the ones that interested me, some of the facts were like, bleh, but others were like,
SO, I’ll be sharing those with you, so that way I can blow your mind to!
1. A snail can sleep for 3 years
2. In English, twelve is the largest number that has just one syllable.
3. There are 30 times more trees on Earth than there are stars in the Milky Way. It’s estimated that there are 100 billion stars, and 3 trillion trees.
4. Bob Ross’s hair was naturally straight but he chose to get a perm so he could save money on haircuts when touring the US penniless in his mobile home. Bob actually hated his curly hair but kept it as it was iconic.
5. In Indonesian, there is a word, “Jayus”, that means “A joke told so poorly, and so unfunny that one cannot help but laugh”.
6. Elephants can die of a broken heart if their mate dies.
7. All of the sweaters Mister Rogers wore on his show were hand knitted by his mother. He said he loved wearing them because they always made him think of her.
8. The average computer user blinks seven times a minute, the normal rate is twenty times per minute.
9. If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will become pale.
10. Space suits take 5,000 hours to make, costs 1 million dollars, weighs about 110 pounds, and has 11 layers of material.
11. In 1942, a 12-year-old lied about his age to join the Navy. He became a decorated war hero at age 13 but was thrown out of the Navy after his mom found out.
12. In 1999, PayPal was voted as one of the top ten worst business ideas.
13. Ziggy Marley, Bob Marley’s son, wrote the theme song for the popular children’s cartoon, Arthur, when he was 26.
14. Most catfish are normally active at night, however the Peppered Cory Catfish is active more often during the day.
15. The Cesky Terrier is the rarest breed of dog in the world. Around 350 of them exist in total worldwide.
16. The only 15-letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
17. The Eiffel Tower was inaugurated the same year Nintendo was founded and Adolf Hitler was born: 1889.
18. “Finger Lickin’ Good” had a bit of a mishap when translated to Chinese for their first KFC outlets in the country, the famous phrase became “eat your fingers off”.
19. In 1911, Bobby Leach was the 2nd person to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel. He died 15 years later from slipping on an orange peel and getting gangrene.
20. In order to keep Nazis away, a Polish doctor faked a typhus outbreak. This strategy staved 8,000 people.
21. Larry the Cable Guy’s real name is Daniel Lawrence Whitney. His notable Southern accent is fake – he was born and raised in the mid-west, not the South.
22. China is spending $3 billion dollars to build panda shaped solar farms in order to get more young people interested in renewable energy.
23.65% of autistic kids are left-handed, and only 10% of people in general are left-handed.
24. The average American child is given $3.70 per tooth that falls out.
25. The unique smell of rain actually comes from plant oils, bacteria, and ozone.
26. Tic Tacs got their name from the sound they make when they are tossed around in their container.
27. A bolt of lightning can reach 53,540 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun, which is 10,340 degrees Fahrenheit.
28. The quietest room in the world in Minnesota is measured in negative decibels – so quiet that you can hear your own heartbeat and your bones moving.
29. When shuffling a deck of cards, the number of possible arrangements is approximately 8×1067. That’s more than the number of stars in the observable universe.
30. A study from Harvard University finds that having no friends can be just as deadly as smoking. Both effect levels of a blood-clotting protein.
31. In South Dakota, you can get a driver’s permit at age 14 with parental consent. Once you turn 16, you can get your license.
32. When we’re born, the only innate fears we have are the fear of falling, and the fear of loud sounds. All other fears are learned.
33. A man named Ronald MacDonald robbed a Wendy’s in 2005.
34. There are over 6,000 known species of grass.
35. Ant queens can live for up to 30 years.
36. The collective group of lemurs is called a conspiracy.
37. Albert Einstein had mastered calculus by the tender age of 15.
38. Elephants think people are cute, the same way people think puppies or kittens are cute.
39. Barry Manilow wrote many famous jingles for companies like McDonald’s, State Farm and BandAids.
40. During a conversation each speaker’s “turn” averages 2 seconds, and the pause in between only 200 milliseconds. That figure is nearly universal.
41. Cold showers have more health benefits than hot or warm showers. These include improving circulation, stimulating weight loss, and easing depression.
42. Though most think it’s Italian, pepperoni is an American invention. The first use of the word dates back to 1919.
43. Snakes can help predict earthquakes. They can sense a coming earthquake from 75 miles away, up to five days before it happens.
44. Approximately 1 in every 2,000 babies already has a tooth when they are first born.
45. Abraham Lincoln loved cats and once let one eat from the table during a formal White House dinner.
46. The only window that opens on the presidential car is the driver’s window, to pay tolls. It also has no keyholes, and only the Secret Service know how to open the doors.
47. When written down, the word “almost” is the longest word in the English language to have all of its letters in alphabetical order.
48. The odds of being born on 29th February are 1 in 1461.
49. Every Pixar movie contains a reference to the Pixar movie that comes after it.
50. Hawaii’s state flag is the only US state flag to feature the Union Jack upon it.
Click the link above to fill out an anonymous form to help me improve my blog! It’s super easy to fill out, and it’ll probably only take you 3 minutes tops.
Thank you so much for reading this post, and feel free to comment down below your favorite fact from this post, or just in general!
Also, if you have not seen my new blog design, feel free to visit my blog and check it out for yourself!