On the second day of Christmasthe second day of Christmas
my true love sent to me:
2 Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
Hey my snowy followers! For todays Day of Christmas, I will be rating Emmie’s playlist as a collab! I reached out to her a couple weeks ago because I realized we were both doing Twelve Days of Blogmas, so I thought it would be fun to do a collab! So after about 13 emails we finally decided to do a playlist swap thingy.
I hope you enjoy, and be sure to check out all these great songs!
- Like It’s Christmas – Jonas Brothers – Okay, 9/10, this song really hyped me up for Christmas! It’s also really simple, but also upbeat like Mariah Carrey. I really like this one! The only reason why I took off one point is because it wasn’t really what I was used to, because I’m a sucker for old fashioned music, Lol!
- Love You More At Christmastime – Kelly Rowland. Um I’m only 42 seconds in and this is great! 8/10, mostly because the beginning didn’t feel very Christmasy. But she has a very angelic voice, and it’s so smooth. I like the motown feel of it, mostly because I love motown music! But it kind of gets repetitive, and then about at 2:32 during the song the ‘hey’s kind of distracted it from christmas so… Still love it though!
- Make It To Christmas – Alessia Cara – First impression, 6/10… Mostly because it felt a lot more like pop music, and not the classic, but maybe people like pop christmas music, because again, sucker for the classics. I like the upbeat and the drums, but yeah, still 6/10. But she does have a beautiful voice!
- Hallelujah – Pentatonix – 10/10! This song is so beautiful! Hallelujah! A king is born!
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside (feat. Kelly Clarkson) – John Legend – A very classic song with a modern twist! I love the jazz feel of it, and already I love the original song, and this just makes it a whole lot better! 9/10
- The First Christmas – Riley Clemmons – Awee very beautiful! I love it! The theme, the lyrics, the tempo! 9/10!
- Little Drummer Boy – for KING & COUNTRY– If I didn’t know that FK&C sung it, I would’ve known right away it was them. I feel like it was good, but I feel like they changed it a little to much, but it was still a good song. The lyric video made since, but again, it didn’t to me. I’d have to look into it for now, but still, I really like the original. 7/10
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Amy Grant – Such a pretty voice! I love this version! 10/10!
- Silver Bells – Straight No Chaser – Okay this one was cool! I’m kind of getting used to this style of Christmas Music, but I really do like this one! I like the little music video. It was really funny! 9/10!
- 25th – Tori Kelly – Ehhh this one might be my least favorite. I really got pop music vibes and not Christmas-y vibes like I got from all the others. 5/10. The five is for the sick tune lol xD
- All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey – Ahhh this one is on my list too! I love this song so much but the rest of my family doesn’t so whenever I sing it I ignore everyone xD 10/10
- Christmas Tree Farm – Taylor Swift – I liked the beginning, but then it kind of went downhill. I don’t really listen to Taylor Swift, so it was different, but I ‘d give this one 7/10…I also REALLY like the music video…
- River – Sarah McLachlan – It’s like a very country Christmas song. Reminds me of Dolly Parton. I didn’t really understand it though, which kind of bothered me, but overall it was enjoyable to listen to. 7/10
- A Grown-Up Christmas List – Pentatonix – I love Pentatonix, but this was kind of weak, pretty voices, nice tempo, but still, kind of meh. 7/10 because it’s Pentatonix, come on. xD
- Winter Snow – Chris Tomlin & Audrey Assad -Such a beautiful song! Audrey has a beautiful voice! I’ll totally listen again!! 10/10
Thank you so much for reading, and huge thanks to Emmie for agreeing to do this with me, and for having so much patience as I left 12 hours between emails. 😅 Be sure to check out her blog!
See you tomorrow!