Welcome back to Middle Mary! Since this is the first post of the month, I’ll be doing a tag that I was so excited to be tagged for!
Today I’ll be doing The Feelings Tag! I was nominated by Reese, so give her a big thank you by checking out her blog for me!
Before we get started, I’d just like to say that I have 200 Followers! I can’t thank all of you enough! What to you think I should do to celebrate?
The Feelings Tag
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to the blog. – Thank you, Reese! (We’ve actually done a collab together, Two Book I Like VS Two Books I Dislike)
- Answer the 5 feelings given to you. – How about no? 😂 Ofc, that is why I’m doing this tag…
- Write the reason in 5 to 6 lines of why does that particular book come under that feeling. – This should be the most painful tag for me yet.
- Nominate between 5-12 other bloggers. – I’ll do 6, plus if you want to do this tag I’ll add your name.
- Give your nominees 5 feelings too. – This feels like Inside Out meets is in a book club.
- Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post. – I already do 🙂
#1 A Book That Made You Laugh
(Does anyone ever look over to their bookshelf and their just like, “Hmmm..” 😂)
I’m going to have to say Schooled by Gordon Korman ☮. It’s about a teenager who was homeschooled by his hippie grandma named Rain (I can remember rain but not the main characters name???), and when his grandma gets into an accident, he has to live with strangers and go to a real school.
Basically the whole book I was either ‘🤣’ or ‘😔’. It’s a really good book and I’recommendnd it ages 12 to 16.
#2 A Book That Made You Mad
I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that I was like, “Arg I hate you book! YOU MAKE ME ANGRY.” *throws book across the room*
BUT, I’m going to have to say Tales of a Fourth-Grade Nothing 🐢, because I hate this one character. The mom!
She is totally oblivious to her sons’ behavior. The kid is literally destroying the store and she’s all like,
“Oh we just have to let him throw his tantrums, he’s just angry. Sweetie can you please calm down?😊😘”
The woman doesn’t know how to parent. Just saying.
#3 A Book That Lifted Your Spirits
Jacky Ha-Ha. 🎭
A girl who found her love of theater, even though she had a speech impediment, she still overcame it in the end. Love, loss, suspicious people (lol), a daring deed, and a really good role model (I’m so cheesy🙈). I was so happy they had a sequel, which I recently read.
Honestly, if you haven’t read this book, what’s the reason not too?
#4 A Book That Felt Like It Was Written Just For You
Sadly, I haven’t found that book yet.
But, one that came pretty close was Auggie and Me 💕, because I am so much like Charlotte! I can relate to her so much. She’s like my book alter-ego.
I also love all the different POVs, and a POV from Julian?! I don’t hate him as much since I read it, but I mean, he’s still not all that likeable.
#5 A Book That Was Okay
Slider by Pete Hautman. 🍔
I didn’t take away as much as I wanted too, and I felt like the kid just got by on a lucky break. But, it was a good book, and I definitely didn’t hate it. You can read it, and you might take away more, but for now, this book was just okay.
Plus, I really liked the characters. 😂
ALL THE FEELS
– A book that was way too long
– The book in which the movie based on it was better
– A book with the worst characters
– A book in which had the most unexpected plot twist
– A book you used to like, but not anymore
- Brianna @ Brianna’s Books and Randomness
- Saywer Marie @ Sundrop Girls
- Chloe Garcia @ Chloe’s Crazy Thots
- Kendra @ I’m Bookish, Dear
- Abigail Harder @ Books, Life, and Christ
I didn’t post last Friday because I got braces!
And since then I’ve gotten pretty used to them, and they don’t hurt to bad, but probably because they have to put more appliances in, like separators or something? 🤷♀️
And today marks the day in which there is only FOUR DAYS until Unlocked Book 8.5! So to all you Keeper Fans out there, I AM SO EXCITED! 🎉
Again, thank you to Reese for tagging me!
If anybody has any ideas of what I should do to celebrate 200 Followers, leave your ideas below! And then my next post, I’ll make a poll, and then once the votes are in we can start celebrating!
(I would also like to give everyone a four leaf clover on this unlucky day of Friday the 13th. 🍀🤣)